Monday, January 25, 2010

The weather outside is frightful!




But, don't think for a minute that that stopped us from our weekly ritual of networking in the Valley! Today it was pouring outside with no brake in site - My first stop was at one of my favorite wineries in the Napa Valley, Hartwell Vineyards. Hartwell is on the Silverado Trail (which to those of you who don't know, parallels Highway 29) and is nestled in the hills amongst some of the "great ones" in the Stag's Leap District. We were greeted by my friend Jona who is always a treat to see and taste wine with! He always has some new place to share with me and some new endeavor he's participating in. The wine is spectacular! Bob and Blanca Hartwell own the vineyard and it is run by their beautiful daughter, Linda. I don't think I have EVER tasted a Sauvignon Blanc as spectacular as the one that Hartwell makes. It is full bodied like a Chardonnay but light and crisp like a Sauv Blanc should be. I could drink it at every meal.... sometimes it seems like I do. You can get info on the winery or make reservations by visiting the website



No comments:

Post a Comment