Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another great day in the valley!

Hi all!
When I got into the car yesterday to head to NCDL (Northern California Diagnostic Laboratories) with Louie to stand by him while he worked for "a minute," I had no idea that my day would be so fantastic! Thinking back, I wonder why I was questioning it, I was, however, heading into the Wine Country to do some more networking! The key phrase being - heading into Wine Country....
Our day in Wine Country began at Arger-Martucci Family Vineyards on Inglewood Lane across from V. Sattui on highway 29 just south of St. Helena. I LOVE this place! We were greated by Kat Martucci, who informed me that her and Vince were expecting there first baby in June! (Yeah - how exciting for them!) Louie and I did a little wine tasting there and found that they have a new wine out this year called the Iliad. This wine is a fantastic addition to their already spectacular list! It is a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, Viogner, Gewurtztraminer and Muscat. With very low residual sugar it is crisp and clean and a perfect "pool/hottub" wine. We also were privy to one of my favorite red blends as well as a gold winner, called the Odyssey. This wine is the perfect blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc and this month, for the new year, this wine that usually has a price tag of $75 is selling for $40! We told all of our friends and I think we filled the back of our Smart car up! www.arger-martucci.com
After leaving Arger, Louie and I headed further North thru St. Helena, shared a quick sandwich in the car (always important to eat during your day in the Wine Country!) and found ourselves at a winery I had been excited about visiting for close to a year. Madrigal family Winery. I have been excited about this one because, although not new to winemaking in the valley, the winery itself is new. We were greeted by Mike Needham, who has worked for the family for close to a decade, and had so much information to share with us about the beginnings of this great place! We tasted thru there entire flight! Another winery that makes under 5000 cases a year and makes every wine beautifully! My favorite wine is, and you will hear me say it alot, Petite Sirah and Madrigal's winemaker, Bruce Regalia, makes it beautifully! They also make a Petite Sirah Port! YUMMMY.... I can't say that I didn't want to finish my "taste" of any of their wines... After tasting them Louie and I got a tour of the facility and had the pleasure of meeting Bruce Regalia in person. Hope to see more of Madrigal in the near future! www.madrigalvineyards.com.
When Louie finally pulled me away from Madrigal we drove across the valley and onto the Silverado Trail and found ourselves at the Solage Resort. I didn't realize it but we were about to taste the most wonderful drink ever experienced! We stopped into the Solage to meet up with their concierge, who, unfortunately went home sick. (Its just that time of the year!) It actually worked out well.... we decided to stop into the Solbar on the property to see our friend Marcus. We sat at the bar and met a wonderful bartender named Adrienne. Adrienne has made her own AWESOME drink called the Lavender Drop made from her own fresh picked lavender infused into an oil and added to Napa's very own Meyer Lemon Charbay Vodka..... WOW! I suggest we all try it.... but be careful - its tasty but lethal. While drinking at the bar we had the pleasure of meeting Elen Lawrence who is a realtor in Lake County (North of Napa near Clearlake - beautiful!). elen@countrair.com She was celebrating her birthday with a friend, Debby Meagher, owner of Coffee Katz in Sebastopol. Debby and her daughter, Kelly, run this internet cafe, with a Baby Grande, which also hosts wedding venues as well as parties and gatherings. Not only that, the cafe is right next door to the Sebastopol Inn! Want to getaway from Napa for an evening? Why not head to Sonoma? A quick trip West and so much to do and see in downtown Sebastopol. Shops and restaraunts galore.... Phone number is: 707-829-6600.
Well, I think Ive said enough today... I need to get my info into the spreadsheet! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment